TNPSC Recruitment 2019: Tamil Nadu Public Service Commission (TNPSC) invite3s application for the post of Archaeological Officer in Archaeology Department before 27 December 2019. It is mandatory for the applicants to register their basic particulars through One-Time online Registration system on payment of Rs.150/- (Rupees One Hundred and Fifty only) towards registration fee and then should apply online for this recruitment. [The One-Time Registration will be valid for 5 years from the date of registration. Thereafter, the registration should be renewed by paying the prescribed fee.]
Name of the Post: Archaeological Officer in Archaeology Department (Post Code :1843 )
Name of the Service and Code No.:Tamil Nadu General Subordinate Service (Code No.036)
No. of vacancies: 18 (2019-2020)
Scale of Pay: Rs.36,200-1,14,800/- (Level-15)
IMPORTANT DATES AND TIME
Date of Notification: 28. 11. 2019
Last date for submission of application: 27. 12. 2019
Last date for payment of Examination Fee through Bank (State Bank of India or HDFC Bank): 30. 12. 2019
DATE OF WRITTEN EXAMINATION
Paper – I (Subject paper) (P.G. Degree Standard): 29.02.2020 FN 10.00 A.M. to 01.00 P.M
Paper – II (General Studies)(Degree Standard): 29.02.2020 AN 02.30 P.M. to 04.30 P.M
(a) Registration Fee
For One-Time Registration (Revised with effect from 01.03.2017 vide G.O.(Ms).No.32, Personnel and Administrative Reforms Department, dated 01.03.2017)
(i) Applicants who have already registered in One-Time Registration system by paying Rs.50/- before 01.03.2017 and those who have registered for One-Time Registration on or after 01.03.2017 by paying Rs.150/- are exempted from paying the registration fee for this recruitment.
(ii) Applicants who have made One-Time Registration must pay the prescribed examination fee for this recruitment unless fee exemption is claimed. (One-Time Registration is only to avail exemption for Registration fee for a period of 5 years from the date of registration and it will not be considered as prescribed examination fee for this recruitment).
Registration Amount: Rs.150/-
b) Examination Fee
The Examination fee should be paid at the time of submitting the online application for this recruitment, if they are not eligible for the fee concession noted below.
Registration Amount: Rs.100
A) AGE LIMIT (as on 01.07.2019)
- SCs, SC(A)s, STs, MBCs/DCs, BCs, BCMs and DWs of all Communities
- Age: Minimum 18 Years – No Maximum age limit
- “Others” [i.e. Applicants not belonging to SCs, SC(A)s, STs, MBCs/DCs, BCs and BCMs]
- Age: Minimum 18 Years – Maximum 30 Years
- SCs, SC(A)s, STs, MBCs/DCs, BCs, BCMs and DWs of all Communities
(i) No maximum age limit for SCs, SC(A)s, STs, MBCs/DCs, BCs and BCMs and DWs of all communities who have passed Pre Technical course /Pre University Course /Higher Secondary Course/ Diploma and Degree.
(ii) For Differently Abled Persons (Others)
(a) Differently Abled Persons are eligible for age concession upto 10 years over and above the maximum age limit prescribed above.
(iii) For Ex-Servicemen: (Others)
(a) Ex-servicemen are eligible for age concession upto 48 years of age.
(b) The above mentioned age concession will not apply to those Applicants who have already been recruited to any class or service or category.
(i) Applicants not belonging to SCs, SC(A)s, STs, MBCs/DCs, BCs and BCMs., who have put in 5 years and more of service in the State/ Central Government are not eligible to apply even if they are within the age limit.
(ii) Instructions given with regard to maximum age limit under Para 5 of the „Instructions to Applicants’ will apply to this recruitment.
(iii) No maximum age limit shall mean that the applicants should not have completed 58 years of age either on the date of notification or at the time of selection / appointment to the post.
(B) EDUCATIONAL QUALIFICATION: (as on 28.11.2019)
Applicants should posses the following or its equivalent qualification as on 28.11.2019 i.e. on the date of Notification:
i) Must possess M.A.Degree in Ancient History and Archaeology or in Archaeology
Must possess M.A.Degree in History or Indian History or in Tamil awarded by any of the University recognized by the University Grants Commission and A „Post Graduate Diploma in Epigraphy and Archaeology‟ awarded by the institute of Epigraphy, Department of Archaeology, Government of Tamil Nadu or Post Graduate Diploma in Archaeology awarded by the Archaeological Survey of India.
ii) Must have passed Tamil as one of the subjects in Degree level.
Based on the marks obtained by the candidates in the Written Examination, the tentative list of eligible candidates for certificate verification will be announced in the Commission‟s website. After verification of the original certificates, the eligible candidates will be summoned for final selection through counselling method.
HOW TO APPLY
[penci_related_posts dis_pview=”no” dis_pdate=”no” title=”” background=”” border=”” thumbright=”no” number=”4″ style=”grid” align=”right” withids=”” displayby=”cat” orderby=”date”]
1. Applicants should apply only through online mode in the Commission‟s Websites www.tnpsc.gov.in/www.tnpscexams.net / www.tnpscexams.in
2. One-Time Registration (OTR) and applicant Dashboard are mandatory before applying for any post. Applicant should register only once in the One-Time Registration by paying Rs.150/- as Registration fee. Successfully registered One- Time Registration is valid for 5 years from the date of Registration. All the applications should be submitted using the One-Time Registration ID and password registered by the applicant.
3. For applying in One-Time Registration, the applicants should have scanned image of their photograph, certificate wherever insisted and signature in CD/DVD/Pen Drive to upload the photo, certificate and signature.
4. Applicants who have already registered in One-Time Registration on or before 29.09.2015 shall use their existing user ID and Password to create applicant Dashboard in the new One-Time Registration system. No applicant is permitted to create more than one registration ID in One-Time Registration.
5. Applicants should enter the Unique ID and password to view the already available information and update them. They shall not share the ID with any other person or agency.
6. One-Time Registration is not an application for any post. It is just a collection of information from the applicants and giving a separate dashboard to each applicant to facilitate them to maintain their own profile. Applicant who wishes to apply for any post shall click “Apply” against the post Notified in the Commission‟s Website and use the same USER ID and PASSWORD given for ONE-TIME REGISTRATION.
7. Applicants should select the name of the post or service for which they wish to apply.
8. Applicants are required to upload their photograph and signature as per the specification given in the Guidelines for Scanning and Upload of Photograph and Signature.
9. An Online application uploaded without the photograph, specified documents and signature will be rejected.
10. All the particulars mentioned in the online application will be considered as final and no modification will be allowed after submission of online application. Once an application is submitted no further request for change of details will be entertained.
LAST DATE FOR SUBMITTING APPLICATION
The Online Application can be submitted up to 27.12.2019 till 11.59 p.m., after which the link will be disabled.
Official Notification: http://www.tnpsc.gov.in/Notifications/2019_33_notifn_Archaeological_Officer.pdf
Official Website: http://www.tnpsc.gov.in
Apply Online: https://tnpscexams.in