London and Madrid are facing a Covid-19 outbreak worse than Italy’s Lombardy region, with the number of deaths doubling every two days. A recent study by the Financial Times shows that the number of deaths in some European cities is rapidly exceeding the average death rate in their own countries.
Prince Charles is the first of the British Royal Family to have Covid-19 and is currently conducting self-isolation at his private residence in Balmoral, Scotland, where the Crown Prince has been working from home for the past few days.
On March 25, the Clarence House, the official residence of Prince Charles, announced that the first person on the list of successors to the UK throne, 71 years old, had “millions”. minor “and” still in good health. ” Prince Charles’s wife, Camilla, Duchess of Cornwall, 72, was also tested but found no infection with the SARS-CoV-2 virus.
According to the official announcement of the Clarence Palace, it is not yet possible to determine whether Prince Charles is infected with Covid-19 due to the relatively large number of social activities he has participated in in recent weeks as his successor. the throne of England. Over the past two weeks, Prince Charles has spoken at a dinner party to donate aid to wildfires in Australia, as well as at a charity award ceremony to his own Prince’s Trust fund in London.
At a time when the disease was spreading in the UK, generations of the British royal family were spaced far apart. While Prince Charles isolating himself in Scotland, his son Prince William is staying at his private residence in Norfolk, England. Queen Elizabeth and Prince Phillip are at Windsor Palace, outside London.
* On March 25, German Government spokesman Steffen Seibert announced that German Chancellor Angela Merkel was in good health and she was still working normally during her home isolation.
Speaking at a news conference, Steffen Seibert said that Chancellor Merkel will continue to run government affairs through close contact with cabinet members. In addition, Merkel conducts many international discussions online from home. A spokeswoman for Seibert also said that Merkel will continue to undergo many new tests in the near future. He also stressed that she will inform and update Merkel’s situation if there are new developments.
Previously, the German Chancellor had a negative result for SARS-CoV-2 in the first test. Chancellor Merkel volunteered to be isolated at home for at least 14 days after contacting with his personal physician on March 20 and the doctor later found positive results for the SARS-CoV-2 virus. .
* Yokohama city officials in Kanagawa prefecture, bordering Tokyo, Japan, said the Diamond Princess yacht had been anchored in the city’s port for nearly two months because hundreds of passengers and crew had Covid-19, has been left here.
According to the above information, the disinfection work has ended and the quarantine period has ended, so the Diamond Princess cruise ship was allowed to leave Yokohama port at 12am (Vietnam time) on March 25. However, the source did not say where the ship was going and how many crew members were on board.
The Diamond Princess ship carrying 3,700 passengers and crew was quarantined off Yokohama from February 3 after finding an 80-year-old passenger positive for the SARS-CoV-2 virus. After that, the number of infections increased rapidly day by day. Accordingly, the total number of infections on the Diamond Princess ship was 712 including passengers and crew with 10 deaths.
* To avoid a similar disaster, on March 25, Australian authorities refused to allow thousands of passengers on three yachts stranded off the country’s west coast to shore due to concerns over the outbreak. disease spread.
Artania and Magnifica yachts are anchored off the coast of Fremantle in Western Australia with the third yacht Vasco de Gama en route.
The Magnifica yacht, carrying about 1,700 passengers, departed from Fremantle on March 24 after being allowed to refuel, but was forced to return when it was announced it could not dock in Dubai (UAE). Health workers are checking on some of the more than 800 passengers on the Artania yacht after the yacht reported 25 people with breathing problems.
An additional 800 Australians aboard the Vasco de Gama, scheduled to arrive on March 27, will also be quarantined on Rottnest Island, while another 150 passengers will have to wait aboard to be scheduled.
* On March 25, Cambodian Prime Minister Samdech Hun Sen announced the cancellation of all international conferences in the country, and asked officials to stop attending meetings and conferences abroad to prevent the spread of Covid-19 acute respiratory infection.
The website freshnewsasia reported that Prime Minister Hun Sen is also considering delaying the timing of the Asia-Europe Summit to 2021.
In the context of 15,000 Cambodian workers who have just returned from Thailand, the Cambodian authorities are zoning and determining the health status of these workers. According to Interior Minister Sar Kheng, if more than 2 workers return home positive for the SARS-CoV-2 virus, the whole village will be isolated. Mr. Sar Kheng said that he proposed this measure to Prime Minister Hun Sen. Currently Cambodia has recorded 93 cases of Covid-19.
* Lao Health Ministry on 25/3 afternoon announced the addition of 1 case positive for SARS-CoV-2. Thus, Laos had 3 cases of Covid-19, after detecting the first 2 cases on 24/3.
Laos Deputy Deputy Minister of Health, Phounthone Meuangpak said that the new case is a male, 26 years old, a businessman who lives in Vientiane. The patient had previously eaten with patient number 2, who worked at a 5-star hotel in Vientiane. Currently, Lao authorities are still investigating the contact history of all three patients to take the necessary precautions.
* Spain Ministry of Health announced on 25/3, this country has recorded 738 deaths due to acute respiratory infections Covid-19 in the past 24 hours. This is the highest number of deaths since the dangerous pandemic raging in this country.
The number of deaths due to Covid-19 has increased from 2,696 cases a day earlier to 3,434 cases. Meanwhile, the total number of Covid-19 cases increased from 39,673 to 47,610.
* An Iranian health official, Alireza Vahabzadeh, said on March 25 that there were 143 deaths in the country over the past 24 hours, bringing the total number of deaths there to 2,077. On his Twitter account, Vahabzadeh official said that the total number of people infected with SARS-CoV-2 in Iran has now reached 27,017.
* On March 25, Russian parliamentarians proposed heavy fines to those who violated the quarantine regulations against Covid-19. The bill is expected to be discussed the same day, imposing strict penalties, which can carry up to 7 years in prison, for offenders.
Accordingly, violators can be fined from 500,000 Rubble (US $ 6,400) to 2 million Rubble (US $ 25,700). If the violator causes 1 person to die or intentionally infects many people, they may face up to 5 years in prison, even up to 7 years in prison if causing more than 2 deaths. It is expected that the National Duma (House of Representatives) will consider this bill on March 31.
* On 25/3, Turkish Interior Minister Suleyman Soylu said, so far, the functional force of this country has arrested 410 subjects posted on social networks the information “false and provoking”. related to the Covid-19 epidemic.
In an interview with channel 24 TV , Mr. Soylu stated that in the past week, the ministry has identified 1,748 suspicious accounts on social networks. So far, authorities have arrested 410 people with provocative and false statements related to the Covid-19 pandemic, but Mr. Soylu did not elaborate.
As of March 25 afternoon, the country had confirmed 1,872 cases of Covid-19 with 44 deaths. Authorities have taken a series of measures to prevent epidemics, from closing schools to banning mass gatherings.